Sunday, July 23, 2006

More Was Hot Than The Wax

It was not necessarily a great day to do encaustic art work but that was my goal for today so I plunged ahead. It was very hot and I had to deal with remembering to avoid having the sweat dripping off my forehead and temples drip into the wax, because - well, water and wax are not on the best of speaking terms.

I painted black edges on two 12x12 wood panels, put painter's tape around two other 12x12 panels and painted in 10 layers of clear wax medium. They will be ready for my color stage next time I work on them.

Finished up two other 12x12" encaustics on wood panels. Nothing special but a series I continue to play around with exploring various conceptual images of "connection".

This one is called "Leap of Faith":

And this one is called "A Light in the Room":



Technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home