Monday, March 16, 2009

Skateboard Painting

I was asked to paint a blank skateboard for a fundraiser. I like the different shape of painting on this versus canvases or square boards - it was something different. I chose to paint a seascape of the Point Reyes Lighthouse coast.

After I saw other skateboards done by other artists, I realized mine was not very hip at all, and it was a full-blown painting (done in oil paint) whereas other artists did more graphical things. One other artist did a beautiful ink and ink wash painting but it was pretty hip, too.

I guess I can only hope that maybe a parent of a child with a skateboard will bid on mine. And hang it on a wall.

I am waiting for it to dry. When it is more dry, I'll be putting a resin varnish on it to give it a nice glassy look.

I enjoyed painting it so much, I might get another blank and paint a different one for myself.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home