Monday, December 10, 2007

Latest Encaustic

Here is my latest completed encaustic painting:



It is called Canyon Calls and is 12x12". It is part of a diptych collaboration project I am participating in. I now send this and a blank wood panel of the same size to an artist I've been partnered with from an East Coast encaustic wax group. She will paint on the blank panel influenced by what I've already done. And she has already done her 12x12" encaustic and sent me her painting and a blank panel and I still need to paint that one influenced by her painting (she did a loosely sketched black and white figurative drawing so painting a matching piece to that will be challenging for me... but given I'm so into color and minimalist landscapes, mine will probably be challenging for her as well). It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

The two groups have gotten together and already organized 4 or 5 exhibits for all the diptychs in different galleries and other locations around the U.S. throughout 2008. It should be interesting!

Technorati tags: , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home