Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Deadly Poppy Field

Okay, maybe it is NOT the deadly poppy field of The Wizard of Oz (I have the tune running in my head now!), but I completed an oil painting of the Sonoma Coast (in Northern California) in the spring, with the poppies in bloom.

It's a somewhat loose painting because it is done entirely with painting knives. It is for entering an upcoming juried exhibit where the theme is flora and fauna. I figure this fits flora, but my other entry is actually going to be a knife painting of a cow... so not exactly fauna (my friend Lisa says, "But they roam!")



I had a very good week with art this week. On Wednesday, I sold an encaustic painting and on Friday I sold an oil painting plus the collector is discussing to have me do a commissioned piece because they liked one of my paintings but it is not big enough. I wouldn't mind painting at that locale again because its been several years and I enjoy the view of the Palace of Fine Arts from there. I have two paintings on exhibit at galleries and two more entry dates coming up. And I'm in a phase of painting with knives and I like it. Definitely a good art week.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home