Thursday, June 24, 2010

After the Marin Art Festival

The Marin Art Festival was a nice event but was not without its challenges.

On Saturday, the wind kicked up by 1 pm and was relentless the rest of the afternoon. I was constantly battling keeping things from blowing away. It was also challenging that my booth location turned out to be in the furthest back section of the fair. I suppose *someone* has to be in the way back, but I didn't want it to be me.

The fair was well attended and in spite of all these challenges, I sold. I do feel it is becoming more and more a crafts shows than a Fine Art show. It might be interesting if they sectioned out the fair and put all the fine artists together so the collectors have a section where they know the higher priced art is versus people looking for low-end crafts and gift items. I knew to bring more than my fine art paintings this year and it what brought people into my booth. I have not shown my hand-painted silk scarves here before and they were very well received.

Here are a couple of photos from the day:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home